Berowra Waters, located less than one hour from the Sydney CBD, is the perfect place to bring kids. There are lots of things to see and do here at Berowra Waters, whether you visit for the day or stay for the weekend or longer! This must be SYDNEY’S BEST KEPT SECRET!!!
Here are just 10 things to see and do with the kids:
- Swim in Berowra Waters Creek. This creek is deep so make sure you keep an eye on your children and that they are proficient swimmers. Swimming off the private pontoon at you accommodation (if you are staying) is what the locals do. Alternatively swim from you boat (if you have one) but be aware of boat traffic.
- A day on a local river beach. Cruise around to one of the river beaches such as Bennetts Beach or Twin Beaches, perfect on the low tide or incoming tide. Set up for the day and let the kids swim, fish, play on the sand, explore the surrounding bush or go tubing. Don’t have a boat? Hire a tinny from the Marina.
- Fishing Berowra Waters Creek and Hawkesbury River. With a plethora of fish swimming around, try your luck by throwing in a line at the Marina or if you happen to have your own boat then head around to Deep Bay or up near Bennetts Beach to catch a flathead or bream.
- Hiking along the Great North Walk. Amazing walks along the Great North Walk that runs through Berowra Waters. Download further information and trail information from the Great North Walk website.
- BBQ or Picnic at Gentlemans Holt or Crosslands. Both places are excellent areas for the kids to run around, kick a ball and swim. Both locations provide amenities and make great camping locations.
- Take a guided tour – Consider a kayaking, hiking or boat tour, child friendly, to learn about the local history, flora and fauna,, visit local ruins, Bar Island, see the HMAS Parramatta wreck or take a swim in the secret fresh water pool!
- Hire a tinny or Kayaks from the Berowra Waters Marina. This is a very inexpensive way to get you and your friends or family out on the water for a day. Berowra Waters has lovely river beaches to explore, bays with amazing mangroves, great fishing spots and it is generally just a beautiful place to cruise around for an hour or a day.
- Enjoy Fish and chips from the Fish Cafe at Berowra Waters Marina. Visit the Berowra Waters Fish Cafe for Fish and Chips by the water. Enjoy the childrens playground which is enclosed with a child proof gate. Eat in the cafe or take away and enjoy your meal in the park.
- Hire the BBQ Boat for a day on the water with your family. The luxury Berowra Waters BBQ boat is an ideal choice to get the family out on the water. It comes with a BBQ, internal toilet, stereo and internal toilet making it perfect for all members of the family. It can be hired for 2 hour, 1/2 a day or a full day.
- Camping. Berowra Waters has some beautiful places to camp such as Crosslands and Gentlemans Holt. You can also camp along the Great North Walk.